Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Ember: Noun, as in a dying fire...

In every one's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.- Albert Schweitzer

While surfing the net the other day I stumbled upon this quote and fell in love. I think everyone can relate to losing that inner fire at some point in their life- maybe more than once. These past few months I can for sure say mine has dwindled down to a lonely, weak ember. During this time period my faith in people has been lacking, my trust in others has been slim to none and I stopped believing that people would treat others how they wanted to be treated.

But also during these past few months there have been people who have reminded me that there are decent human beings out there. Although we are all selfish by nature, there are some that try their hardest to put others before themselves. Those are the people that strengthen my little inner ember and at the same time restore my hope and faith again. They are a blessing, an inspiration, a healthy reminder and leading example of what I should be like.

These people who have restored my faith have obviously come into my life for a reason, maybe a season or a lifetime. No matter how long they are around, I will always be thankful for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment