Friday, May 21, 2010

First

I forgot how intimidating a blank page can be- Suddently I have got this pit in my stomach like I used to get in college when I was forced to write some profound paper on some topic that I had chosen. It was usually at that moment I cursed myself for picking said topic and wishing I would have chosen a more in depth one that provided more information for me to write on.

However, this is not an assignment that a professor has given me- which for the record I think they gave us those horrible assignments to watch us cry and see how haggard we look the day the paper is due (seeing that the majority of most college students stayed up all night finishing the paper)- so this "pit" I have in my stomach will go away at some point.

Now even though I have complained about writing papers and the painful research that went into those papers- I must admit I miss it all. It will be two years since I graduated from college, and looking back on it, not only do I miss the life (part time job, campus life, people, parties etc.) but I miss learning. The challenges that all my classes gave me, albeit stressful at the time, were some of the best learning experiences I have ever encountered! But for the record- I do not miss multiple choice tests- that just shows how lazy a teacher/professor is! I miss the research papers, the presentations, the projects and the lectures. Even my most hated class, Art History, I do miss all the beautiful statues and paintings that I studied and the culture that came along with those pieces of art. Plus the professor was a little nuts, so she made it just a tad more entertaining. Side note: I hated being tested on all the pieces of art- it was the only final where it literally took the whole 3 hours. I have never seen so many different forms of Buddha in my life!

Anyways, I am hoping that by blogging my brain will once again be stimulated :)

Tune in next time for more thoughts by me!

No comments:

Post a Comment