Monday, May 24, 2010

All I need is the air I breathe...

I was driving the other day and a OneRepublic song came on my iPod that just spoke so true to some of the feelings I have about a lot things, people and situations in my life.

Say (All I Need)

Do you know where your heart is?
Do you think you can find it?
Or did you trade it for something
Somewhere better just to have it?
Do you know where your love is?
Do you think that you lost it?
You felt it so strong, but
Nothing's turned out how you wanted.

Well, bless my soul
You're a lonely soul
Cause you won't let go
Of anything you hold

Well, all I need
Is the air I breathe
And a place to rest my head.

Do you know what your fate is?
And are you trying to shake it?
You're doing your best and
Your best look
You're praying that you make it.

Well, bless my soul
You're a lonely soul
Cause you won't let go
Of anything you hold

Well, all I need
Is the air I breathe
And a place to rest my head

Do you think you can find it? (repeat three times)
Better than you had it
Do you think you can find it? (repeat three times)
Better than you had it.

Whenever the end is
Do you think you can see it?
Well, until you get there
Go on, go ahead and scream it
Just say it.

Often times I find myself so wrapped up in "things" that I think will make me happy- when in realty I should be thankful for what I have right here, right now. I am healthy, I have a job, I have great friends and an amazing family. I think everyone goes through a period of searching for something better. During that journey I think people figure out that what they really need- they already have. But then there are people that take a few more detours on their journey and lose people along the way.

I guess this song just made me think about what is important to me and what is worth sacrificing. It reminded me not to take things for granted and to be aware that those who are dear to me may not always be there due to actions that are in my control, and actions that are out of my control.

It also reminded me to live in the moment. I don't know whats around the corner, and there is no sense in dwelling on it. I am just going to try and live my life the best that I can. I am going to enjoy and cherish every moment I have with the people I care about, because you never know "whenever the end is" (like the song says).

So for right now, "All I need, is the air I breathe and a place to rest my head."

No comments:

Post a Comment