Wednesday, May 26, 2010

One love, One life... Just One.

One by U2

Is it getting better?
Or do you feel the same?
Will it make it easier on you now?
You got someone to blame
You say

One love
One life
When it's one need, in the night
One love
We get to share it
Leaves you baby if you
Don't care for it

Did I disappoint you?
Or leave a bad taste in your mouth?
You act like you never had love
And you want me to go without
Well it's

Too late
Tonight
To drag the past out into the light
We're one, but we're not the same
We get to, carry each other
Carry each other
One

Have you come here for forgiveness?
Have you come to raise the dead?
Have you come here to play Jesus?
To the lepers in your head

Did I ask too much?
More than a lot.
You gave me nothing, now it's all I got.
We're one
But we're not the same
Well we hurt each other
Then we do it again

You say
Love is a temple, Love is a higher law
Love is a temple, Love the higher law
You ask me to enter, but then you make me crawl
And I can't be hold on
To what you got, when all you got is hurt

One Love
One Blood
One Life
You got to do what you should
One life
With each other
Sisters
Brothers
One life
But we're not the same
We get to, Carry each other
Carry each other

Sometimes I am baffled by the behaviors I see among humans. Us as people treat those dearest to us horribly. It seems that there is nothing but hypocrisy, false expectations, lies and vindictive words. All this is based on the fact that, humans as a whole are selfish- I am one of those humans. But what I try to remember is we only have "One life", so why waste time fighting?

I think its interesting how the people we hurt the most tend to be the ones we can't live without. Why do we do that? Is it cause we think they will always forgive us? Is it cause we believe they will always be there for us, so how we treat them does not matter? Do we honestly think that we have the right to hold people to certain standards that we ourselves cannot meet? If people continue to treat others with these mindsets, we will find ourselves alone.

This thing called life is a gift. The people that come in and out of it are treasures- and are there for a reason. However, we should not take anyone for granted. Like the song says, there is one love, one life. We get to share it, leaves you baby if you don't care for it. People come into your life, but they choose to stick around. It is important for us to watch what we say, watch how we treat them because in a second they could be gone.

Life is a roller coaster, with plenty of ups and downs- but who enjoys riding rides alone? I most certainly don't. I want someone there with me for the sharp turns, the smooth passages, the sudden drops, the hard climbs up a steep hill, the screaming and the laughing. We are all similar in the sense that we all are trying to survive this crazy thing called life- but we aren't the same. We go through different things, we experience hard ships and love differently. However, we should be willing to help each other along the way. It is a true fact that we're one, but we're not the same and I think its a privilege (and a responsibility) that we get to carry each other through life. But if we are unwilling to be helpful, forgiving, compassionate, respectful, loving and gracious towards others- how can we expect them to be those things towards us?

I believe that Love is temple and that Love is a higher law. To those who are reading this, I hope that you look at the lyrics and realize people are in your life for a reason. Life itself is hard enough, don't make being apart of yours any more difficult than it needs to be. Those people you cherish won't always be there, maybe by choice and maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment