Tuesday, May 25, 2010

We are miracles, wrapped up in chemicals

This song really hit home today.

Wonderful- by Gary Go

The person that you were has died
You've lost the sparkle in your eyes
You fell for life- into its traps
Now you wanna bridge the gaps (repeat line)
Now you want that person back

And all your ammunition's gone
run out of fuel to carry on
You don't know what you wanna do
Cause what you want does not want you
If what you want does not want you
And you've got no pull to pull you through

Say "I am"
Say "I am"
Say "I am wonderful"

If what you've lost cannot be found
And the weight of the world weighs you down
No longer with the will to fly
You stop to let it pass you by
Don't stop to let it pass you by
You've gotta look yourself in the eye

Say "I am"
Say "I am"
Say " I am wonderful"
Oh you are

Cause we are all miracles
Wrapped up in chemicals
We are incredible
Don't take it for granted, no
We are all miracles
Oh we are

Say " I am"
Say " I am "
Say " I am wonderful"
Oh you are

Don't take it for granted, no
We are all miracles
Wrapped up, yeah we're wrapped up
Oh we are wonderful.

I think today we are so bombarded by what we "should be" doing, who we "should be" or how we "should be" acting. It seems society is constantly focusing on our failures, rather than our accomplishments. I think it starts at a very young age and it follows us into our adult years. My mother has always taught me that when I walk into a room full of strangers to not be nervous. She said " You Jenna are a wonderful person who has a lot to give. If someone doesn't like you, do not waste your time, it is their loss for missing out on the possibility of having a great person in their life." My parents have always encouraged me to be who I want to be and have told me to love myself and the mistakes I've made.

Confidence is something that everyone struggles with, whether its not having any to having a little too much. But I believe confidence is only good if people can be humble and gracious. I am not perfect, and these are qualities that I struggle with. But something I learned a while ago is that I WILL make mistakes, I WILL fall short of the glory of God, I WILL hurt others- I will do all these things and than some. But what I also understand is that I need to seek forgiveness and strive to avoid making the same mistake twice. My mistakes don't make me a bad person, they make me human and its part of my nature. I think mistakes are wonderful things, if you treat them right! They are a learning experience to help you become a better person. Who doesn't want to be better? Who doesn't want to be a role model or an inspiration to others? I have confidence in myself, I believe I am a good person with a good heart. But I also understand that I will mess up a lot. I am not scared of my future mistakes, nor do I dwell to much on past ones. I take what I can and learn how to avoid them in the future. I listen to those I have wronged and I listen to myself. Every one has a little Jiminy Cricket inside them, its just up to us to listen to him.

So to whoever is reading this- please remember that you are a wonderful person mistakes and all. Someone loves you for who you are right here, right now. Someone loves you for the person you have yet to become and are excited to see you grow. Someone somewhere wants to help you with whatever you need help with- let them. Please know that someone looks up to you and thinks of you as an inspiration to them- so try to be a good one :) But understand that the best love you can ever receive, besides the unconditional love and forgiveness that has already been given to you long ago, is the love that you give to yourself- love yourself and others will love you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment