Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Please Deposit .05 cents into the jar...



Ahhh the joys of The Peanuts. Such a timeless cartoon that has lasted generations. One of my favorite moments during the holiday season is when my family all gathers around the TV to watch ABC's special of Charlie Brown's Christmas. And nothing brings a smile to my face like Snoopy doing his little dance- why can't we all dance like that dog?

Lately, I have felt like Lucy behind this booth. I find happiness in the fact that friends and family value my opinion. But the thing that I enjoy the most is that they trust me enough to come and seek advice or shelter from whatever it is they are facing. Knowing that others have faith in me and feel a sense of security with me is the greatest payment I could ever receive.

This has got me thinking though- if people are coming to me for advice, I should be trying twice as hard to make sure I practice what I preach. I need to make sure that I am leading by example and that my life is something I am proud of.

Lately I have been saying that relationships (romantic, friend, family, owner/dog etc.)have a hard time working out if one or both of the people don't love themselves. I think a person needs to love themselves and the life they have been given- and when they do others will love them too. So I am doing just that... I am doing what I want and trying to find happiness within myself. I am surrounding myself with people who are positive and encouraging! Its been a great change and I am very happy with the results. Immersing myself with people that love me for my mistakes and all has done nothing but relieve me of pressure that I didn't even know I had!Its been nothing but amazing and such a comfort.

So I will leave you with some very good advice! It only cost me .05 cents! :)

" All you really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt."- Lucy Van Pelt, The Peanuts

Love often people, but most of all love yourself.

1 comment:

  1. You make mistakes?!?!

    ...good grief.

    <3

    also, im a broke college student...so here's a kiss on the cheek instead.

    ReplyDelete