Friday, July 30, 2010

So you think you're lonely, well my friend I'm lonely too.

I find it odd how a person can be surrounded by so many loving people and still feel alone.

I especially find it odd when I am experiencing this. Don't get me wrong, my friends are amazing and I am so thankful for each one.

I don't know what it is- maybe its homesickness. The desperate desire I have to see my mom and laugh with her over coffee at 6:30A while every one is trying to get ready for their day. Maybe I just miss the cool feeling of the rain on my skin as I run from my car to my house trying not to get my hair wet- heaven forbid I wear it straight with the humidity. Maybe its the long talks with friends who have known me for years- who have been there through the best and worst of times.

Maybe its not all of that- maybe its the fact that life is different for everyone - we all experience different things- the good, the bad and the ugly. But some things, no matter how close you are with people, no one can relate too.

But everything that happens, happens for a reason- or so I have been told since I can remember. I believe that statement 100%, but sometimes I can't help but wonder "okay God when is this reason going to appear?" Well, He works in mysterious ways- and I lack the virtue known as patience. :)

But then something happens that makes me think twice. A life that has yet to really begin has already experienced the same things I have, and albeit they are not the same situation, they are similar. I wish I could some how reach out and say "No matter what, you are a gift and its all going to be okay. Its alright to feel a little lost sometimes, that's normal- but you will find your way."

I wish someone who has been through it all told me that, I wish someone would tell me that. Until then, I will just keep telling myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment